My Happy New Year
We had a very quiet NYE. I came home from work soo tired hoping that we didnt hafta go anywhere and was i glad that we didnt! I was sent straight to the bathroom where a warm salt bath was waiting for me with lil candles, a glass of ribena and a bowl of M & M's. I enjoyed my bath while Michael cooked dinner - homemade burgers & fries!
We then watched the NYE specials on TV and waited for the fireworks. Of course, Michael had to wake me up at 12 for it. Then we went to bed. We're so getting old.
I had a 4-day long weekend and we didnt do anything. I did some laundry but that's about it. It's been getting hot these days and just didnt feel like doing anything and going anywhere. Also, Michael's been feeling a bit sick as well. Few days before that he was playing too much tennis & golf in the hot sun so he's been feeling crooked. So, i took care of him day time and he took care of me nite time when my morning sickness comes. Just when i thot my MS's gone for good, it started to strike at nite now. During those 4 - day break, i had 2 nites of massive ugly spew. Not a pretty sight. I also had to cancel my plan to go to a hen's party that weekend. What broke my heart was that they're having karaoke party! Can't believe i had to say no to that...
We did however, go for a maternity tour to the hospital that we're going to, Sutherland Hospital. We've done 2 tours of private hospitals before we found out we weren't eligible for it and i have to say, i like this public hospital the most. The birthing suites, rooms & facilities are pretty much the same but this Sutherland one felt more personal. Maybe it's how the midwife in charge was telling every bit of details of every single room that she showed us, including the activities that we'll be doing in each room 3-4 days after giving birth. There's the parenting room where they teach u basic stuff like changin nappies & bathing the baby, breastfeeding room where they'll encourage and teach u till u get it right and a few others that i can't remember now cos i was feeling all faint halfway thru the tour cos of the lengthy explanation and all. It was a lil embarassing being the only one grabbing a chair to sit whilst listening to it all when all other ladies having boink boink showing tummies as big as 8 months were standing proud & tall. Michael pun malu bagi pihak. But i was starting to see spots and jz couldnt care anymore. Even when the midwife said 'u have a long way to go, right' whilst pointing at my no-tummy.
I think i got really faint when she started the whole bit about epidural. She explained that the midwives at that hospital will try anything they can first to help a natural active birth but at the same time would not have a problem if we choose to have an epidural. But she stressed many times that epidural would be the last resort. Frankly, i haven't even started thinking about the whole birthing plan that im supposed to have cos im still taking my morning sickness one day at a time but that talk was pretty disturbing. I don't wanna go there yet.
I've stopped reading pregnancy books because Dr Chan says not to. I was shocked when he said that at first but it made sense and im beginning to agree. I only read the week by week ones only after or during my week of pregnancy. I don't wanna start feeling yukky stuff only because the book says 'u'll feel this' and 'u'll feel that'. I think this is one of the reason i started to get MS (salahkan buku pulak) in the first place.
But then i don't wanna be totally ignorant either so im reading pregnancy story books instead and also because those are mainly the books i got for Xmas this year :p. Oh yeah, i can read in the train again! So that's progress. ;) So i just finished 'Babymoon'. Pretty easy & entertaining story. Funny too. Few times i larfed out loud in the train. It's a story about this pregnant lady whose r/ship with her partner started to slowly drift away with the pregnancy. But it's her girlfriends, ex boyfriend and crazy gay friend that made this book interesting & fun.
The term babymoon actually means a holiday that you & your partner take before the 1st baby comes. It's like honeymoon but with a baby on the way. It's the last one u have as a couple but the first one with the 3 of you. I never knew this before so now im definitely gonna claim my babymoon!
Now Im reading Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven. I guess im trying to read more this year. I actually did my resolutions few days ago. Not much difference than before - eat healthy, exercise more, give more, have more, do more etc..It's more like a To Do/Have List, broken into yearly, monthly and daily. Haven't got a long list at all, just the heading je yang besar - eg. "Daily TO DO List" on the top page and lots of line spacing. All that took me all nite. I think i only started writing on it cos the journal (xmas gift from MIL) is so pretty!
Anyways, i'll try & work on it from time to time. This year i think the main focus would have to be my whole pregnancy and giving birth and being a mother. Then i hope i'll get to spend a few months in Malaysia during my maternity leave, before or after giving birth depending on whether we have the baby here or there. But i REALLY wanna be back home this year for more than just a 1-2 week holiday. I miss my family.
Been having dreams about my family almost every nite. I have loads of siblings and nieces and nephews so everynite would be someone different. But most nites it would be all of us together - my parents, my brothers & sisters with their families and sometimes my aunties & cousins & extended families and also my late grandparents. Some crazy dreams but mostly pleasant dreams. Dunno what they mean but i guess just being with them even in my dreams gives me such a wonderful feeling inside.
I think part of it is because ive been thinking too much about how i want our lil'un to be close to my family altho we live miles apart. Ive already started thinking of all the pictures and stories that im gonna tell the baby and have the baby room filled with all things Malaysians and Hasmonis. So MAYBE, jz maybe, my subconscious wants that to happen so very early, hoping that all those happy dreams will transfer to my tummy. I think im starting to sound a bit crazy, so i'll stop now.
We then watched the NYE specials on TV and waited for the fireworks. Of course, Michael had to wake me up at 12 for it. Then we went to bed. We're so getting old.
I had a 4-day long weekend and we didnt do anything. I did some laundry but that's about it. It's been getting hot these days and just didnt feel like doing anything and going anywhere. Also, Michael's been feeling a bit sick as well. Few days before that he was playing too much tennis & golf in the hot sun so he's been feeling crooked. So, i took care of him day time and he took care of me nite time when my morning sickness comes. Just when i thot my MS's gone for good, it started to strike at nite now. During those 4 - day break, i had 2 nites of massive ugly spew. Not a pretty sight. I also had to cancel my plan to go to a hen's party that weekend. What broke my heart was that they're having karaoke party! Can't believe i had to say no to that...
We did however, go for a maternity tour to the hospital that we're going to, Sutherland Hospital. We've done 2 tours of private hospitals before we found out we weren't eligible for it and i have to say, i like this public hospital the most. The birthing suites, rooms & facilities are pretty much the same but this Sutherland one felt more personal. Maybe it's how the midwife in charge was telling every bit of details of every single room that she showed us, including the activities that we'll be doing in each room 3-4 days after giving birth. There's the parenting room where they teach u basic stuff like changin nappies & bathing the baby, breastfeeding room where they'll encourage and teach u till u get it right and a few others that i can't remember now cos i was feeling all faint halfway thru the tour cos of the lengthy explanation and all. It was a lil embarassing being the only one grabbing a chair to sit whilst listening to it all when all other ladies having boink boink showing tummies as big as 8 months were standing proud & tall. Michael pun malu bagi pihak. But i was starting to see spots and jz couldnt care anymore. Even when the midwife said 'u have a long way to go, right' whilst pointing at my no-tummy.
I think i got really faint when she started the whole bit about epidural. She explained that the midwives at that hospital will try anything they can first to help a natural active birth but at the same time would not have a problem if we choose to have an epidural. But she stressed many times that epidural would be the last resort. Frankly, i haven't even started thinking about the whole birthing plan that im supposed to have cos im still taking my morning sickness one day at a time but that talk was pretty disturbing. I don't wanna go there yet.
I've stopped reading pregnancy books because Dr Chan says not to. I was shocked when he said that at first but it made sense and im beginning to agree. I only read the week by week ones only after or during my week of pregnancy. I don't wanna start feeling yukky stuff only because the book says 'u'll feel this' and 'u'll feel that'. I think this is one of the reason i started to get MS (salahkan buku pulak) in the first place.
But then i don't wanna be totally ignorant either so im reading pregnancy story books instead and also because those are mainly the books i got for Xmas this year :p. Oh yeah, i can read in the train again! So that's progress. ;) So i just finished 'Babymoon'. Pretty easy & entertaining story. Funny too. Few times i larfed out loud in the train. It's a story about this pregnant lady whose r/ship with her partner started to slowly drift away with the pregnancy. But it's her girlfriends, ex boyfriend and crazy gay friend that made this book interesting & fun.
The term babymoon actually means a holiday that you & your partner take before the 1st baby comes. It's like honeymoon but with a baby on the way. It's the last one u have as a couple but the first one with the 3 of you. I never knew this before so now im definitely gonna claim my babymoon!
Now Im reading Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven. I guess im trying to read more this year. I actually did my resolutions few days ago. Not much difference than before - eat healthy, exercise more, give more, have more, do more etc..It's more like a To Do/Have List, broken into yearly, monthly and daily. Haven't got a long list at all, just the heading je yang besar - eg. "Daily TO DO List" on the top page and lots of line spacing. All that took me all nite. I think i only started writing on it cos the journal (xmas gift from MIL) is so pretty!
Anyways, i'll try & work on it from time to time. This year i think the main focus would have to be my whole pregnancy and giving birth and being a mother. Then i hope i'll get to spend a few months in Malaysia during my maternity leave, before or after giving birth depending on whether we have the baby here or there. But i REALLY wanna be back home this year for more than just a 1-2 week holiday. I miss my family.
Been having dreams about my family almost every nite. I have loads of siblings and nieces and nephews so everynite would be someone different. But most nites it would be all of us together - my parents, my brothers & sisters with their families and sometimes my aunties & cousins & extended families and also my late grandparents. Some crazy dreams but mostly pleasant dreams. Dunno what they mean but i guess just being with them even in my dreams gives me such a wonderful feeling inside.
I think part of it is because ive been thinking too much about how i want our lil'un to be close to my family altho we live miles apart. Ive already started thinking of all the pictures and stories that im gonna tell the baby and have the baby room filled with all things Malaysians and Hasmonis. So MAYBE, jz maybe, my subconscious wants that to happen so very early, hoping that all those happy dreams will transfer to my tummy. I think im starting to sound a bit crazy, so i'll stop now.
Comments
idawaty
No no no bukan sebab half mat salleh... sebab you were (maybe still are?) obsessed with Edward!!!!! :D
Congrats again!
Ateen: hmph...hampir2 tak ngaku bini! :p
Ida: thanks for the tip! been munching on those water crackers!
Faiez: heheheheh u so funny!! i dah kureng sket obsess..but kekadang termimpi2 gaks..ahaks!! haii...Edward ku...