Eat. Pray. Lov’in Ubud

Ubud is a must-see if u’re visiting Bali. Especially now, if you’re a big fan of Julia Roberts like myself and of course, the EPL book & movie, more the reason for you to check out where Ketut Liyer lives.

I’ve been to Ubud once pre-EPL and even then, I LOVED it. Post-EPL, I love it even more and whenever I go there, it’s always a different feel and I find myself discovering something new every single time.

It’s so different from the hustle & bustle of Kuta, eventho both are heavily packed with tourists. In Ubud, it’s so much more relaxing and enjoyable going through the market and walking the shops along the roads. Maybe Im just getting old or maybe now, with Ayisha in tow, I just find it much more convenient & fun as it’s just more child-friendly - the roadpaths, the sights, etc.

Whenever we go places, we love to try new things to eat. Ok lah, we just love to eat. First time I came to Ubud, we found this lil stall at the back of Ubud market and that was probably our highlight of the whole trip! We had possibly the cheapest & the best soto and satay meal, ever. I don’t even think the stall’s got a name so I can’t really promote it here. But just look for where the local school kids go. When we were there, I think the kids weren’t too happy cos we ordered too much satay and there weren’t much left for them. :p

Another time, we went to sit at a bookstore café opposite the market and enjoyed guacamole dip with keropok (local crackers). Something so simple, but oh so yumm-o.

When my family came to visit, we didn’t get to explore Ubud at all cos it was raining but I managed to take my friends there when the visited last week and we ate at a Nasi Padang/Minang place, followed by desserts at a lil charming bakery called Kue, a few shops down the road. Both very tasty and satisfying!

Then few days ago, we went to Ubud again cos Michael wanted to take us to this organic restaurant that he went to once with work. We weren't that big on organics before, much more due to ignorance than anything else. But he was raving about the scenic walk to the restaurant and the magnificent view of paddy fields surrounding the restaurant and most importantly, he remembered the food being absolutely amazing. What he conveniently forgot to mention was that scenic walk = long walk.

See, I don’t really like long walks, especially in hot & sticky weather with or without a toddler. It’s 800 metres from where the car is parked and I was so close to getting a ride with a passing sepeda (motorbike).

But honestly, I did enjoy it. It was a very lovely walk indeed, especially on the way back (cos not so hungry anymore!) and Ayisha LOVES it.

almost there... (btw, i think we look so cool in this pic..hehe)

The food is pretty excellent too. Every single thing that we ordered was just delish. I've never had brown rice before and never really wanted to try but the rice dish with the grilled gurami fish was just magnificent!

Maybe knowing that everything’s fresh and organic made us felt that even the carrots tasted better, I dunno. But the long walk was well worth it.

The restaurant is called Sari Organic.



Most of what’s on offer in the menu are vegetarian meals but the description of each and every one of them are mouth-watering. And of course, they taste even better. The ambience is truly relaxing and breathtaking. It was probably one of the more relaxed restaurant dining we had, with Ayisha. She’s truly enjoying the sights – mostly the quack quacks and the cock-a-doodle-doos on the fields and laying on the cushions before and after meal, like daddy lah.


No talk please, am enjoying the view



As with other good places we ate before, the pictures of the food itself failed to make the cut cos everything’s just so good no one wanted to miss out. And now we have an extra lil person to share with, everyone’s gotta be quick! ;)

The only thing that’s missing in Ubud, which is not a bad thing, is the beach. But there’s LOTS to choose from here in Bali and most are just minutes away.

So last weekend, we went to Nusa Dua and enjoyed a relaxing day at Mengiat Beach. Ayisha had the best time and I had the best nap in ages. ;)

wake me up, before u go go...


how come he's got more hair than moi?

my favorite...


Comments

Haih...kalau tak pregnant, memang dah pi dah ni or plan to go very soon!!!huhuhu...
hah..dah tau dah name restoran kat ubud tu..its lovely..kalai would love it! dgn sawah padi sume..have to come back to ubud again and again kan...
Yan said…
Wa: stopover Bali before balik goldy 4 babymoon????? ;)

Syer: walk was bit long, but your boys wd love it! MUST come again!

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...