When Mummy Cries

I finally did it. I left Ayisha at school. The 1st time she was fine, I was not.

The 2nd time we were both fine so I went to do the groceries and told her she'd see me after snack time (an hour later). I did have every intention to come back before snack time but i had a slow cashier (ok, i went looking for treats for me!) and got back 1/2 hour after snack time so she was asleep when i got there. The teacher said after snack time she started crying and took her bag and went to the door. She cried the whole 1/2 hour to sleep. How bad did that make me feel? Clinging to her for the rest of the day and let her watch wiggles all afternoon BAD. Moral of the story - keep your promises!

The 3rd time, I tried leaving her a bit earlier. Normally I'd stay for the group singing where all the kids from 2-5 years of age would sing together for about 15 mins before they go to their own age group classrooms. She'd continue holding my hands till we get to class and we would both slowly let go (the 1st time i didn't let go the teacher had to break free of my hand!) But this time i tried leaving even before the singing started cos I was supposed to have breakfast at one of the mums' with some other mums, who were waiting for me and assuring me all's gonna be ok.

Then I heard her crying. I was peeking from outside trying to decide if i should go & cuddle or let her teacher do her thing and not disrupt her efforts of consoling her. She was crying on and off and then i heard the saddest sobs. At this stage i felt selfish cos i was leaving her to have breakfast! Not that I have to save the world or anything. So I apologised to my friends and rushed to her and out of nowhere tears were streaming down my face. I think her teacher was very surprised and got teary eyed too watching our lil reunion. :p It's kinda embarassing when i think back to it now, me sobbing surrounded by little people happily playing & jumping around. I wasn't that sad when i left her but hearing her cry broke my heart to a million pieces and just how she grabbed and hugged me when she saw me again, i just can't help it. Such drama.

So today we're back to me staying with her the whole 3 hours of school. No need to say lah who was the baby & clingy the whole time :p

Comments

Amz said…
yan,
so kesian... nampaknya the mummy yg lebih nangis ni. Keraskan hati mu ...
I also cry nih... camne??!!!huhuhu..
Along said…
Oh dear, now you make me feel bad for being able to campak my kids at their school without much worry or tears. Heee. It does seem hard at first and the tears will flow (both mommy and baby) but it gets easier once Ayisha makes lots of friends. Next thing you know, she won't want to go back home and just stay at school to play!

Hope the next time you guys do better...hehehe..
Yan said…
Moi: akan ku cuba gitu...:p

Wa: over betul! hormones!!

K.Along: hehe..thanks..takmo balik kang lagik la mummynya melalak! :p
dayatte said…
U can do it!! hehe.. aku dulu, anak baru 2 bulan, have to send to rumah orang to take care of him while i'm working.. keluar jugak airmata ibu nih... kesian tengok dia kecik2 lagi org lain yg jaga.. but lama-lama ok.. trpaksa heh
SurayaCoghlan said…
oh wow yan..sungguh touching ni..haha.hey,we will be moving to Darwin..so close to Bali!!woohoo.
the principal said…
I hv been handling preschool kids for the past 5 years (80-85 kids every year). From my experience, lg mommy ada, lg kuat jeritnya. Most of the time, mmg mula2 menangis, then berhenti sendiri..then when its time to go back, will cry again just to let mommy know, they dont like school. I once had a child in my school crying for almost a month tp mak dia mmg keras hati. 1st day dah tinggalkan terus. Year after, adik pulak masuk, cried for a month also. Later, after the crying stopped, pesan kat mak dia dtg ambik lambat sikit coz she wanted to play with friends after school.

We only allow parents to be in the school compound on 1st day. If a child cries non stop & he/she is only 3 yo, we will tell parents that the child is not ready to go to school yet & ask them to consider sending their child few months later
Yan said…
Dayatte: alaaa 2 mths..sedeynyaaaa!

Sue: you hafta come visit! air asia fly direct kan, quite cheap!

Principal: thanks 4 the great insights! really hope Ayisha (n me!) wd be ok in the next few weeks...

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...