Ayisha Turns 2!
"Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear Squeaky, Happy Birthday to you!"
After being to quite a few birthday parties in Bali, Im beginning to love their version too!
"Panjang umurnya, panjang umurnya, panjang umurnya serta mulia, serta mu-li-a, serta mu-li-a! (wishing long & happy life)
Potong kuihnya, potong kuihnya, potong kuihnya sekarang juga, se-ka-rang ju-ga, se-ka-rang ju-ga! (cut the cake, NOW NOW NOW)
Tiup lilinnya, tiup lilinnya, tiup lilinnya sekarang juga, se-ka-rang ju-ga, se=ka-rang ju-ga! (blow the candles, NOW NOW NOW)"
She's been a bit sick on her special day, temperature a lil bit too high at one point it freaked me out and brought me to tears when she can't even open her eyes and only nodded when I asked if she's ok. But other times she's still smiling and all happy to open presents, play with her new toys and excitingly waiting to cut her cake.
Months before her birthday I've been experimenting with different kinds of cakes to know which one she'd like best - chocolate, white chocolate mud cake, banana, butter cake (ok ok, partly to satisfy my cravings from reading too many yummy bakes blogs!) She loves the plain chocolate cake most - 'choc cake, choc cake Ha'.
As for the shape/type of cake, I've been giving her a few options, without really thinking about whether or not I am capable of making them. Dora, Pooh, Barney, Princess etc. And always always, she'd go 'Dora Ha'. So I've been googling hard 'Easy Dora birthday cake' for the past few weeks and they all didn't seem like something that I could do. I can't bake, can't decorate (so not creative), can't even get the cake out of the pan smoothly even with baking paper & greasing!
So I settled, or more like Ayisha's forced to settle with the good old trick of colorful M&M's and a DORA candle (jadikle!) and I was so happy that even the candle got her super excited. Imagine if I could shape the whole Dora or even just the Dora head!
| yes sweetie, you're still that little! |
Happy birthday my darling! We love u so very much. :)
Comments
the dora candle tu sgt cumil... di manakah anda membelinya?
mun
Lils: itule tujuan m&ms n ganache tuh, menutupi kekurengan rase & rupe cake aku tuh..ahaks!
Mun: beli dora candle tu kat one of the toy/kids shop outside carrefour in sunset rd, bali...
Zai: thanks!!! yes....grandma's curls heheh