The Last Week
I went for my last check-up yesterday. Everything's good. The baby has definitely turned and is facing the right direction. The heartbeat & movements are strong and there's not enough room for him to move all the way back up again. Just to stretch, kick and punch like crazy.
I also got my Group B Strep (GBS) results and just like my 1st pregnancy, it came back positive. I'm not sure if they do this test anywhere else but what it means is that I'd have to be on antibiotics during labour. It's actually a type of bacteria that about a quarter of women carry in the vagina and there's no symptoms. It doesn't affect me at all but can be quite harmful for the baby apparently. So the antibiotics are necessary to help prevent it being transferred to the baby.
I do have another check-up scheduled for the next 2 weeks, just in case the baby decided to hang around & chill in my belly for a bit longer but the midwife said because Ayisha came quite on time (only a day passed the due date), she thinks this time would probably be similar if not earlier.
I do have a feeling that it might come earlier. Just because my cycle has always been very regular and because Ayisha was not late. Or maybe it was just me wanting the baby to be a Taurus (like me) instead of a Gemini. Silly I know and not that there's anything wrong with a Gemini. I know lots of wonderful Gemini's and some of my best friends are too but the whole 2 personality thing freaks me out a little bit. Also, I feel like my star sign is much cooler than any others. hehehe. So if the baby comes this week, he'll be a Taurus just like me. But who knows. I was wrong plenty of times before.
Like early in my pregnancy I thought it'd be a girl. But at the 20 week scan, I did find out and a lot of people know this already so it's not that big a surprise - we are having a boy! My tummy now is definitely nice & round like a basketball and he's moving a whole lot more than Ayisha, for sure.
The reasons that I'm revealing this now is because 1) I forgot to make a big deal out of it in my blog when I 1st found out :p and 2) We don't have a NAME yet! So help!!!!!!
Seriously, we do not have a name. So anyone who happens to have an extra baby boy name, please do share it with us. We've got nothing. Ok, we do have a few (just a pathetic 2) thrown around back and forth but neither really grabbed us both. Also the fact that most names that we both like, were taken by hundreds of my nephews! Yes lah, I'm blaming my brothers & sisters :p Then there's names that Michael likes but I was a bit hesitant because a lot of my friends named their sons that and names that I like but Michael used to know that boy and this boy by those names and they're not the coolest kids in school so... urgh...It's so hard!
Ever since we found out, I've been googling & reading baby name books including the 50,000 Baby Names Around the World and ended up with nothing. I had a moment of panic the other day and went to the library (OMG, old school!) and borrowed more baby name books and still....NOTHING!
If we can't come up with anything at all, Michael said he's going to call the baby Thomas (his dad) Hasmoni (my dad) Laidler. I was against it in the beginning but now that time's running out, I might as well be getting used to it. Oh, we also don't have a back-up, just-in-case girl names too. We're so bad. :( So don't be surprised if we still haven't got a name even after the baby's out!
| Hospital bag ready to go, my homework & birthday cards from M'sia all received on the same day! |
Comments
Choosing a name is very tricky kan because there are so many excuses not to choose a name.
My hubby pun sama mcm your hub, nama yg I berkenan for a boy (when we didn't know the sex at that time) dia tak berkenan because he knew people with the same names yg perangai dia tak berkenan, hehehe.
Luckily keluar girls and we are very happy with the names we chose for them because I think the names suit them so well.
oh nk cipta name boy mmg payah...
yg me n mikel plak over exited mengandung pon x..both boy and and girl name dua2 dah cipta!in case..haha...
xpe sis slow n steady..cube tnye kakak Ha nye nk ltk name ape?
K.Yan: thanks so much!
Sarah: fuiyooo! so very well prepared!!! bagus bagus..hehe u're right, boy names are so much harder! kalau tanye Ha lagik le, sume pun die gelak & no,no,no :p
tak lama lagi tu.. aku doakan sumer selamat, dpt baby healthy and kau pun will go thru easy labor.. amin.. bab pilih nama mmg bess, tp kalau takde idea jadik stress pulak.. heheehe... anyway, try la google lagi.. aku rase sure ko akan jumpa yg berkenan.. takpun tunggu bile baby lahir then bile tengok muka dia ko akan inspired by certain names that u had in mind :)
take care and all the best! *hugs*
edi
Maybe just maybe 'Audi Zhafran'.
Hehe...
Take care.
Ya Allah Ya Rahman,
Permudahkanlah urusan bersalin hamba Mu ini,
Semoga kedua dua ibu dan anak di dalam kesihatan yang baik. Amin.
Salam,
zue
baby boy? alhamdulillah.... dapat 1 pair.. nama memang susah.. my hubby berangan kalau ada boy nak bubuh nama raqeem... memang mamak habis.. :D
nak suggest jugak : Imran, Ziyad, Zayd, Harith or Ibrahim. I love the name Mustafa too :)
Zue: I don't mind Zhafran, see what mike says..haih..thanks for your lovely & kind wishes! :)
Dreamer: Haris & Daniel dua2 takleh cos we hv lots of friends with those baby names :p Tobias will always remind me of Arrested Development :p Thanks tho! and the wishes too :)
Azq!! aku suke ah Iddin!! tenkiu..nanti diskusi w Mike.hhheh..memula konon prefer J or A, tp now dah desperate tak pedulik!:p
Intan: Raqeem not bad..I suke nama boys with R...byk sedap2...u simpan le for future use..hehehe
K.Ijah: u all mmg terror w boys..hahaha..slalu mike sebut Jahid or Umar..pastu baru teringat those are his nephews!! :p Btw, all those names u suggested were on my list! tp sume2 pun mike cam not 100% :( pastu die. pronounce kan cam lain, bile kite sebut sedaple, drg sebut cam out skeet .hehe...ada lagi ke?? ahaks...thanks so much tho!
Nak suggest jugak nama,
Hamzah, Mus'ab, Muiz Al Qarni, hihihi
kalau kakak dia Ayisha, maybe adik dia Aidan? Ai in japanese means love ;)
good luck dear, semoga selamat semuanya :)
Tho... kat sekolah nanti baik2 takut kena buli. tom has money. :D
semoga semuanya selamat sis..amin
Anna: thanks for stopping by & ur suggestions!. We like Aidan, but close to mike's nephew - jaydan..haih...masalah betul! :p thanks again! appreciate it
Faiez! Mike likes it so much..my concern same as yours, cos i've been teased with 'has money' few times here before!!!!
Alin: u know what, I like Rifqi too...that's in our 'maybe' list ie. list yg not totally dismissed by Mike..hhaahhaha..thanks for your wishes & help!
Semoga Selamat semuanya..
2 suggestion : Lukeef / Aryan
Mun
Mun: I like Lukeef, bit different...thanks so much!
sorry, cant help with the naming dept, i already had a name before i conceived (lolx) and hubby didnt get a choice! i felt guilty so i gave him the chance to give adam's middle name..