Older & Fatter

Last week I celebrated another birthday. Happy Birthday to Me! Oh, and I am still pregnant. About a week or so to go now and am getting fatter everyday. 

The last time I celebrated my birthday in Oz was 3 years ago, when I was a fatty too, pregnant with Ayisha. The weather's cold, chocolates & cakes aplenty, no guilt whatsoever in having my 3rd piece of cake on the same day and still having cake a week later. The baby needs it lah. 

 I think I mentioned before that when I hit the 30's, i seem to always forget how old I actually am when people ask about my age or when filling forms. I have to use my fingers to do the math. There's something about having kids too. When Ayisha came along, it was just so much more exciting to look forward to her birthday, her party & her presents. 

Having said all that, I love being loved and remembered on my birthday. This year was no different. I had a wonderful celebration. With Michael, birthdays are celebrated for at least a week. So I started getting my birthday surprises few days leading up to my birthday and few days after - with breakfast in bed, chocolates & flowers and a half day pampering session with our family friend/masseuse, Jess. 

On the day itself, I was showered with phone calls, sms'es and lovely & kind wishes and thoughts from family and friends. Had a nice night out with Michael to an African Restaurant and a comedy show by Akmal Salleh. 

I was hesitant at first because I thought Ayisha would be joining us for my birthday night. When she realised we're going out and she started putting her socks on and ran after me limping with only 1 shoe on to try & catch up, it was just heartbreaking. She was ok with Grandma & Poppy as soon as I was out the door of course. Then I made myself feel better by remembering how she was the first person that showered me with hugs & kisses & birthday wishes early that morning and presented me with a Sara Lee Mud Cake to 'help' me blow the candles just before we went out. 

Also, Michael & I haven't had a night out in ages and probably won't have any anytime soon. So, it was really wonderful and I'm truly glad we did. The next day Michael organised a Teppanyaki dinner at home with the Laidlers and more birthday cake with a whole load of chocolates made by my MIL. Again, felt really special and loved.

Lovely surprise delivery from my sister & her family all the way from KL!

I still need to use my fingers to make sure that was the right age!

My pregnancy is going along pretty well. At my last check-up, the midwife said that the baby has turned (phew!) but not engaged yet so the baby can still move around. I was quite relieved to hear that cos frankly, I haven't been doing much crab walking at all! Right now, the baby feels really really low. For the past few weeks, it was getting uncomfortable when I go for walks because I felt a very strong urge to pee all the time and sometimes the pressure felt like the baby's about to fall off. 

Now, I get those feelings whenever I stand up after sitting down. Not to mention it would take an extra hour trying to get out of bed or out of the car or even from a comfy couch. I am not over it yet tho. I am still happy to enjoy my last days of pregnancy. It's just getting more & more uncomfortable and difficult to move about, that's all. 

Ayisha is doing quite well. She had been acting up a little bit recently. Everytime she asked me if the baby's coming out soon and I'd say 'very soon!', she'd start acting like a little baby and calling herself a baby and wanting to drink from a bottle. Then there's times when she'd touch my tummy and kiss it and talk to it and making sure I'm all ok and asking if the baby's ok. 

It's getting a little bit harder to sit & lie down with her on the floor to play stuff like we used too and it's getting very uncomfortable to have her on my lap or to carry her that I kept finding myself saying 'no' to her a lot of times. So I have to remember to give her more attention in other ways and to NOT get too tired of playing 'pretend' with her these very last few days that I have before the baby arrives. 

I get a bit sad thinking about it but then when she kept asking me to count to 10 so she could hide at the same spot and shouted 'mummy, find me! find me!' over and over again very early in the morning, it's hard not to keep pretending I couldn't find her and go back to sleep. 

There's a lot about Squeaky that I wanted to talk about. Mainly just to remember the stuff that she's been doing, old & new, before we get super busy with the baby. I wanted to dedicate a whole new post for this but who knows when I'm going to get to blog again. Things like... 

 - how she would climb up from her bed to our bed, with eyes still closed, at about 6'ish almost every morning, then asked me to 'roll over please', and snuggle herself between me & Michael, then went back to sleep for another 1, 2 or even 3 hours if we're lucky. 

 - when she's ready to wake up, she'd ask 'is it sunny day yet'? She never believes me when I said no tho and would get up anyway. 

 - out of nowhere, she'd give me hugs & kisses with 'I love you's' and 'I miss you's'. It's one of the best feelings in the world!!! 

 - she says things like 'I can do my by itself' (I can do it by myself), 'that's mines' (that's mine), and she gets kitchen & chicken mixed up..kikikiki 

 - one day, she can be so sweet I could cry, ie. she's up late and Michael's already gone to work; 

 Ha: where's daddy? 
Me: gone to work already 
Ha: again? 
Me: daddy has to work lah, so we can buy your milk, buy your toys... 
Ha: but I already have my toys. I want daddy - (insert her sad, wanting to cry face here)

- another day, she could make me wanna cry but for a totally different reason, ie. when she fights with her cousins; 

 Me: say sorry please (normally she would say sorry even if it's a half-hearted dragging 'sorrrr-ry'. But the other day...) 

Ha: No! (hands on her mouth) I can't talk... (ieee...geramnya!!) 

There's lots more about her that I want to remember but I do need to go to sleep now. Till next time!


 Ayisha and the new baby - they're holding hands can't you tell? :p


Still in training

Comments

Cute, funny, sebak, sedih and everything in between! Huhuhuhu...
Yan said…
isk...emo betul..hehehehe
happy bday yan! cant wait for the arrival of the new baby!
cicayanki said…
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Kak Yan!!

I agree with Wa@Wawek@Siti, this post lengkap semua perasaan. I am touched.

You take care. One more week to go. Eeeek. All the best to you, Michael and Squeaky!

I wanna see baby no 2 pictures k. Nanti upload please :)
Yan said…
K.Yani: thank you!!!! :)))

Cicayanki: thanks so much for lovely wishes...will def update..cuma tak tau le how many days/weeks after! hehe....u take care

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...