Eliyas is already 6 weeks old.
He's at such a cute age where he's more alert during the day that we can have a little bit of a chat together. You know, the ones that come with deep meaningful looks, staring into each other's eyes, cute cooing noises coming from the both of us and him flashing what most definitely looks like a smile that melts my heart every time. Every little new thing that we experienced together would take me way back when I first had Ayisha.
He is Ayisha all over again in so many ways. They look so much like each other and have similar expressions and when I look back at Ayisha's baby photos, Eli is in each and every one of them but maybe a tad bigger, a little bit chubbier and a whole lot heavier.
We went for our 6-week check up today and he's already 5.8kg! That's huge man. No wonder my arms get cramped when feeding him in the middle of the night. He also got his 1st immunisation and they're nasty nasty nasty! He screamed the screaming-so-hard-that-no-sound-is-coming-out-of-me scream for 2 seconds and the rest of the time made little sobbing sounds, pouty lips and all, giving me this 'how could you do this to me?' look. It was absolutely devastating and heartbreaking but he fell asleep even before we left the Dr's room so he was all good.
Like Ayisha, Eliyas doesn't really cry much either. But whilst Ayisha squeaks, this one grunts a lot. And oh man can he grunt! It worried me at first because it sounded quite scary sometimes. Like he's in so much pain or trying to get something out but couldn't or just angry noises. To our surprise, whenever we mentioned about his grunting noises to our friends, a lot of them, especially with boys and the 2nd baby, told us their kids used to be grunters as well. There's one friend, who had a baby girl just about the same time as us and she grunts! So that made me feel a bit better. hehehe.
Another thing that's different is of course, their wardrobe lah. I remembered Ayisha had lots of bright pink cute lil suits that made me go oohs and ahhs every time I dressed her. When we found out we're having a boy, we went through Ayisha's old clothes and there were lots that we couldn't recycle. Especially the cute ones. The pink and purple ones. I even asked Michael if we could wear this one really cute pink one with butterfly wings on it cause I think Ayisha only got to wear it once. Just you know, to wear at home when it's just us. He said no of course. :p But I did sneak one, I couldn't help it. It's too cute!
 |
| "Help me daddy!!!" :p Singlet says 'Snug As a Bug', cute right? hehe |
Other than that, things have been pretty good & well with him. Ayisha on the other hand, has been pretty sick on & off this last week with vomiting & diarrhoea. She was really weak the first few days it was just so sad to see her that way. She's back to her own cheerful self now but still has the runny bum every now and then. I hope it will all be over soon.
On a different topic altogether, my brother & his
family who's living in Adelaide at the moment, came to visit us a few days ago. Fortunately, for that short period of time Ayisha was all healthy and well, she was happily playing with her cousins. I thought she might not remember them and would go all shy like she normally does with new/unfamiliar faces but I was glad she didn't even need any warming up time, especially with Mayyah, my bro's only girl and later on played with the boys too.
It was funny how at one point, she was playing dollies & doll house with Mayyah and it's all girly girl stuff like knocking on the door, come to my kitchen, dancing and singing this and that. Then the next time I went into the room to check on them she was playing the same toys but with one of the boys and she went roaring in her deep voice - 'Grr, Grr, Grr' with her doll, taking turns hunting & fighting my nephew's doll. I thought that was just hilarious. It was great to know that she's adapting well tho. :p
They were only with us for 1 night. It was too short but we definitely had a lovely time together. Thanks again for stopping by to see us! :)
 |
| with cousin Mayyah |
 |
| He's all smiles with Aunty Ijah |
 |
| Chillaxing in front of the Opera House |
 |
| with cousin Hamza, who's 3 this year too! |
Comments
Hugs & kisses to Ayisha! Miss her already..huhu...
Alhamdulillah..semoga semua sihat selalu...