My 2013 Is Just Beginning

The 1st quarter of the year has passed and this is the 1st post for 2013. What's been going on? 

A LOT. 

I have no idea what happened. Well ok, I had a little bit of an idea. 

This happened... 








..and this...



..and now there's Keek and OMG I haven't even started on the more important things that's been happening in my life; like Michael and his unbelievable and remarkable work situation, Ayisha's new school and her morning 'no school' battles, Eli's fast growing teeth & sloppy kisses, looking after my ailing mum... 

Even with the Instagrams and WhatsApps and Keek that's been helping me stay in touch with my friends & family even more so than before, I still feel the need to blog. I have so much that I wanted to say that it keeps me awake at night sometimes, I feel like the words should be bursting out of my mouth. 

From petty things like how I don't want Eli to think that I didn't love him as much as Squeaky when he reads this blog because of the lack of progress updates & cute pictures of him! To more serious stuff like things that I experienced & emotions that I went through from looking after my bipolar mum and how it has affected me & us. 

I want to feel close to our family & friends in Australia again, cos I know they sometimes read my blog and I've been so slack at keeping them updated especially with the kids' progress. Then there's all those trips that I said I'd talk about - and because Michael still bugs me about our Paris trip, ergh. 

Then ultimately, what I wanted out of this blog is that I wanted it to drive me to do the things that I wanted to do. 

See, at the start of this year, like any other year, I made a list of things that I wanted to do, achieve, be, have, eat bla bla that I'd like to see some if not all being ticked off the list. 

So for 2013, I thought it would be a great idea to put it OUT THERE in my blog, so that I'd be more motivated to do them. You know, like that Julie & Julia movie where Julie tried to cook all of Julia Child's recipes in a year (and secretly hopes that someone would write a book then a movie about my blog! *verangan verangan*). No, seriously, more like putting it out there to the universe, law of attraction, the Secret kinda deal. I really thought that blogging about them would get me going. 

So one thing that was on the list was: 

To blog EVERYDAY.

 E.V.E.R.Y freaking DAY..errr...that's a pretty big commitment for me. As much as my husband thinks that all I do is watch Ellen and E! being at home, the only peaceful times that I have to be able to even think to write, are very late at night or very early in the morning when everyone's asleep - and this is after I've had my pamper shower (the kind where I get to shampoo AND condition) and had some cream-crackers-dipped-in-hot-tea moments by myself. But see I love my sleep right? So the little time that I have to do so, I so wanted to zzzzzzzz!!! SO it's HARD for me. Then I thought to myself, how did all these other wonderful bloggers get to have a job and be a mum and have a business and bake & cook etc...I should have time to blog too, no? 

Plus if I started to write things every day, I won't need as much time (like tonight!!) to complete a post. So, gotta start somewhere right?? Hence one of the reasons why it took this long to start the 1st post of 2013...haih...no lah, I'm not afraid of commitment..:p 

So what's been happening to us other than WhatsApping with Michael while we're next to each other and filtering my kids' pictures on Instagram to make them cuter? 

After Christmas and since my last post, we stayed another month in Sydney enjoying as much time with family & friends. I went to Sunshine Coast with Eli to visit my sister, Wa, whilst Michael & Ayisha had a wonderful father-daughter bonding time at the caravan with his good friends. We got to catch up with quite a lot of our friends and I had my first girls night out & sleepover after having Eli - drama, drama, drama! (pictures and stories will come in another post!)   

After coming back from Sydney, we've been busy going back & forth JB-KL for Michael's work & family stuff and just only recently we've been settling ourselves in JB, living at my parents' house, to help with my mum - one of the main reasons why we're back here now. More about this later too.

Then somewhere in between, the kids have been sick on & off and ended with me being hospitalised for dehydration - no drama, am all good now. But it did happen exactly on Michael's birthday so yep, I did feel very very bad for him for that. More stories on his birthday celebration later too (Homaigod, how many posts already??)

Michael has been so busy with work it's not funny. We struggled with this in the beginning, what with me being the demanding 'I need me time!' wife and especially with him working from home, I expected him to be able to help me look after the kids (while I watch Giulliana & Bill for a sec, right???) 

But nah, it didn't work that way. He wanted to be able to work uninterrupted and of course I understood that but I just thought that he might not be able to resist Eli when I told him to 'crawl to daddy' for 1 minute. 

Anyways, the good thing about him working from home is that even though he's crazy busy and work late nights, we still get to see him and we still have meals with him and yes, he'd take 5 minutes to jump in puddles with Ayisha and of course he couldn't resist Eli crawling up to him. 

So yes, I am thankful. So very much.








Eli will be a year old in about 2 months' time and Ayisha is turning 4 in less than 3 months. So a LOT has been going on with them. I have their progress written somewhere in my little old school diary, in my phone's Calendar events and in this computer somewhere, I just have to compile them and blog about it!! 

So, insya-Allah, will see you tomorrow my beloved blog.

Comments

I miss reading updates from you

Hope everything is going well
Yan said…
ibu: awwww...thanks so much..i miss blogging too!! we're ok, will post more, hopefully!! :)
Rozita said…
Lamanya tak baca netry yan...hehehe. Tak pe...take ur time. Bilanaktulispasalparistrip.....hehehe
Yan said…
Rozita: haha are u ganging up with Mike??:p i will i will, iA!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...