Are U a Twilighter?
We went to Adam & Amber's for Jaydan's 10th birthday last Friday nite. When we arrived, Vicki was right at the door waiting for me anxiously, spreading a double page of WHO magazine featuring a pic of Edward & Bella with an article on Stephenie Meyer, the author.
Vicki: Have you seen this?
Me: NOOOOOOO! (grabbing the mag) but ive seen the movie trailer & interviews and everything and..
Vicki: NOOOOO ur worse! i wouldnt wanna know anything till the movie's out...hang on, are you..
Me: A Twilighter? YES I AM!!!
Vicki: i thot so!
After the party, hugging our goodbyes..
Me: I can't stop reading but i dunno if i wanna finish em too soon! i dont want it to end..
Vicki: I know!!! im sad now. I miss the CULLENS!!! i really really miss them!! (almost like throwing tanties)
Darren (Vicki's hubby): What? What's wrong Vick? What's going on? Who's this? (panic & very concerned voice)
Vicki: No one...it's the book again!
Tom, Darren & Michael: ohh....ugh....(rolling eyes & duhh looks)
Bits from the mag that i find rather interesting:
There's nothing particularly fantastical about Meyer's life. She grew up in Phoenix, the daughter of a CFO at a contracting firm, and went to Brigham Young University, where she met her husband, an accountant named Christian who goes by "Pancho." They got married at 21 and have three sons. An observant Mormon, she doesn't drink alcohol and has never seen an R-rated movie.
The characters in Meyer's books aren't Mormons, but her beliefs are key to understanding her singular talent. There's no drinking or smoking in Twilight, and Bella and Edward do little more than kiss. "I get some pressure to put a big sex scene in," Meyer says. "But you can go anywhere for graphic sex. It's harder to find a romance where they dwell on the hand-holding. I was a late bloomer. When I was 16, holding hands was just--wow."
What makes Meyer's books so distinctive is that they're about the erotics of abstinence. Their tension comes from prolonged, superhuman acts of self-restraint.
And in another mag, when asked:
How do you write in a way that attracts readers of all ages? —Pamela Dorn, CHICAGO
I didn't write these books specifically for the young-adult audience. I wrote them for me. I don't know why they span the ages so well, but I find it comforting that a lot of thirtysomethings with kids, like myself, respond to them as well--so I know that it's not just that I'm a 15-year-old on the inside!
Yes, the main love story is that of Edward and Bella's. But what's more amazing is that it also brings about the emotions of all the different kinds of love that one can have for another, not just the romantic kind. Yep, it did a lil bit make me miss MY Cullens (read Hasmonis..yeh, i get a lil emo nak raya ni :p).
To my potential soon-to-be Twilighters, i hope u'll enjoy the series just as much. Im reading Breaking Dawn now, the books just get better & better!Even if not as obsessed, I think it's pretty hard to resist the inhumanly attractive traits possessed by the impossibly beautiful Edward Cullen...*sigh*
Vicki: Have you seen this?
Me: NOOOOOOO! (grabbing the mag) but ive seen the movie trailer & interviews and everything and..
Vicki: NOOOOO ur worse! i wouldnt wanna know anything till the movie's out...hang on, are you..
Me: A Twilighter? YES I AM!!!
Vicki: i thot so!
After the party, hugging our goodbyes..
Me: I can't stop reading but i dunno if i wanna finish em too soon! i dont want it to end..
Vicki: I know!!! im sad now. I miss the CULLENS!!! i really really miss them!! (almost like throwing tanties)
Darren (Vicki's hubby): What? What's wrong Vick? What's going on? Who's this? (panic & very concerned voice)
Vicki: No one...it's the book again!
Tom, Darren & Michael: ohh....ugh....(rolling eyes & duhh looks)
Bits from the mag that i find rather interesting:
There's nothing particularly fantastical about Meyer's life. She grew up in Phoenix, the daughter of a CFO at a contracting firm, and went to Brigham Young University, where she met her husband, an accountant named Christian who goes by "Pancho." They got married at 21 and have three sons. An observant Mormon, she doesn't drink alcohol and has never seen an R-rated movie.
The characters in Meyer's books aren't Mormons, but her beliefs are key to understanding her singular talent. There's no drinking or smoking in Twilight, and Bella and Edward do little more than kiss. "I get some pressure to put a big sex scene in," Meyer says. "But you can go anywhere for graphic sex. It's harder to find a romance where they dwell on the hand-holding. I was a late bloomer. When I was 16, holding hands was just--wow."
What makes Meyer's books so distinctive is that they're about the erotics of abstinence. Their tension comes from prolonged, superhuman acts of self-restraint.
And in another mag, when asked:
How do you write in a way that attracts readers of all ages? —Pamela Dorn, CHICAGO
I didn't write these books specifically for the young-adult audience. I wrote them for me. I don't know why they span the ages so well, but I find it comforting that a lot of thirtysomethings with kids, like myself, respond to them as well--so I know that it's not just that I'm a 15-year-old on the inside!
Yes, the main love story is that of Edward and Bella's. But what's more amazing is that it also brings about the emotions of all the different kinds of love that one can have for another, not just the romantic kind. Yep, it did a lil bit make me miss MY Cullens (read Hasmonis..yeh, i get a lil emo nak raya ni :p).
To my potential soon-to-be Twilighters, i hope u'll enjoy the series just as much. Im reading Breaking Dawn now, the books just get better & better!Even if not as obsessed, I think it's pretty hard to resist the inhumanly attractive traits possessed by the impossibly beautiful Edward Cullen...*sigh*
Comments
Btw, I checked dah ada pre-order for Twilight collector edition, planned to be release end of Oct, you tak nak beli keeee :D
Oh! My latest Sherrilyn Kenyon book titled 'Archeron' just been posted by Play.com. Lama I tunggu dlm waiting list, dia release 4th Aug, I siap pre-order, ni baru nak dapat, hehe. Obsess tak obsess :D
http://rapidshare.com/files/151170065/STEPHENIE_MEYER.rar
there's pdf version and mobipocket version of all the 4 books (sigh, penat cari wei! hehe). u dont need to register to rapid share, just click the free download and wait few seconds and click the download button.. i think the file is about 5Mb.. kalu tak dapat, leave ur email at my blog k, i'll email u the files..
ENJOYS!
http://rapidshare.com/files/151170065/STEPHENIE_MEYER.rar
Damn, my acheron book also just arrived!
selamat hari raya maaf zahir batin.
lama tak dgr berita.
bila nk visit mesia?
take care.
idawaty.
faiez: been eyeing the special edition tu tapi cam tak sabo nak beli my own cos dah return borrowed books to my SIL..cam, susah tul nak let go, so wanna hv em so i can read my fav parts over n over! hehehe...silap2 i'll get both! obses!
citykoos: thanks heaps!! punyalah i want the cullens close to me..hahhahhhahaah
ida!! how are you????? good to hear from u!! not coming back anytime soon..will let u know if i do..selamat hari raya to u too!
fas! ko tgk dak interview bella & edward kat mtv tuh? comey gile, cam sweet jek due2 tuh. pastu, stephenie meyer kate - pi tgk movie nanti bawak paper bag, cos their on screen chemistry may cause hyperventilation! ahaks!