Obsessed!!

Two words...

EDWARD CULLEN.

I've just finished reading this



in only 2 days!!

Im now reading the sequel,



and i don't think i can stop till im done reading the 3rd book in this series



and the final,



And then i'll continue to drive Michael mad by obsessing about the Twilight movie scheduled to be out in November. Woohoo!!

Is anyone out there as obsessed about Edward Cullen as I am? PLEASE stand up!

I first heard about Edward (cheh, like talking bout ex bf jek) in the evening MX newspapers that we train commuters get for free coming back from work. Besides the SUDOKU game, there's a section called 'Vent Your Spleen' in it that i'd pay attention to. It's where people can send smses to say whatever they wanted to say about anyone and anything - complaining about bad manners of people on the train, complimenting someone for their kind gestures or even talking about the weather.

So a few weeks ago, for a good 4-5 days, the name Edward kept coming out from most female readers, starting with a lady complaining about Sydney men & claiming she wishes for her 'Edward'. Then the next day, tons other girls replied gushing about the same 'Edward' and the next day, and the next. It wasnt long till i discovered he's actually the main dude from the book Twilight and that made me all curious.

Few days after that, i had a date with Vicki after work and we travelled back home together. I know she's an avid reader and ive been getting loads of books that she didnt want anymore or recommendations of stuff that i should read. So it was no surprise when she started whipping out a book from her bag and started talking about it. It was BREAKING DAWN. The romance part kinda sounds interesting, but when she mentioned 'vampire' i started losing interest. A bit fantasy'ish to my liking, cos i prefer REALITY to fantasy stuff but then somewhere in between she mentioned Twilight. Straightaway i screamed and asked 'EDWARD???!!!'

And that's how it started. Vicki finished reading the 4th book that same week and happily 'loaned' me all 4 and stressed that i have to read em in order. I started reading Twilight and it all felt pretty real, nothing fantasy-like about it. Going into Chapter 3, I was already falling for Edward Cullen and could not stop. I can't believe how much reading i could do from the train rides! I was just hooked. Like what Vicki said, there's nothing Mills & Boons about it AT ALL. But it's just so intimate & personal you can't help feeling so overwhelmed with emotions. It's such an innocent, pure romance of unconditional & forbidden love. And what's more, they're between teenagers (Edward too, or is he? jeng jeng..) At first, I felt a bit wrong enjoying the book too much especially knowing it's a 'Young Adult' & 'Fantasy' category - something i NEVER thought id ever be close to. But when i thought about the Harry Potter craze and all those other Disney movies, i started not caring about my age anymore. I just can't help loving and rooting for the two - Bella & Edward. Plus, this book review from lovevampires.com says it all:

The Review
Twilight is the story of Edward and Bella’s romance. Forget any vampire romance you have read before, Twilight is so unique it is almost like it’s in its own genre. The book is marketed at Young Adult readers but it has the ability to cross age barriers and will satisfy both teenagers and adults alike.

The story is told in first person from the perspective of Bella, so the reader only ever know what she knows, making Edward and his family a mystery that is slowly unravelled through out the book. Even by the end of the book I was still thirsting for more of the Cullen family back story - hopefully their characters might be developed further in future books. Bella herself is a well written and realistic character, shy and lacking in confidence, her sarcastic inner voice narrates the story for the reader.

Twilight is simply and yet beautifully written. The descriptions of Forks leave you feeling like you can almost smell the damp air and hear the rain falling on the roof.

The romance between Edward and Bella is both touching and compelling. There is a melancholic feel to their impossible love, yet at the same time they both are unwilling to give up hope that their relationship is not doomed. The book reaches a fever pitch of excitement as the romance between Bella and Edward turns into a frantic race to stay alive.

I have heard Twilight described as “a vampire story for people who don’t like vampire stories” and I think I would agree with that. This book really has something for everyone. Young adult readers, vampire fans or romance readers will all find Twilight to be an appealing story.



Of course, ive googled & youtubed everything about it - the movie trailers, the interviews, the actors & actresses and OMG! I approve 100%!! Not just Bella & Edward, but all the others too. :)They're EXACTLY as how they're described in the book. I so want Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart to be together, ON & OFF screen. They're sooooo pretty! And interestingly enough, Robert Pattinson was also in some Harry Potter series. :p I was so obsessed that i even read the unfinished leaked draft of Stephenie Meyer's Midnight Sun - a version of Twilight from Edward Cullen's point of view (I can't help myself, the 1st chapter of it was revealed at the end of the Twilight book!)

I think i need help. :p

Oh well, at least for a brief moment, this obsession of mine is helping me deal with the fact that Ramadan's almost ending and Raya's approaching and the reality that im not gonna go back home. All the Raya talks can get a lil bit depressing for me when over here, no one actually bothers about it. So yes, we're still cherishing the last few days of Ramadan hoping for all the blessings and before i started feeling sorry for myself, please allow me to focus on Bella & Edward for just a bit...;)

Comments

cis! now I have to go and buy the whole range myself. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anyhoo, welcome to the stalkers club, gf. hahahaha
Anonymous said…
Anyone have a spare room I can crash in til this crush passes?

Or maybe I should get an Edward Cullen outfit.......

Mike
Halwafy said…
You know rite these book were intended for the 'young adult'?? heheh...

I've heard abt this craze too in the US but sbb depa kata utk 'young adult' tu caused me to belum terbeli lagi...
citykoos said…
beb, i have the 4th series (now i only know that its the 4th book) breaking dawn but in ebook version.
never gotten to read it coz like k.snabby said, its for young adults! hehehe.. now i guess i have to find the 1st, 2nd AND 3rd before i start this one..
citykoos said…
tell me if u want the file k!
Yan said…
Ateen: go get em NOW!!

halwafy: do READ it!!! vicki actually found out about the book from my MIL's friend. her friend obviously much older & never liked fantasy stuff yet she said she can't put Twilight down!!

citykoos: please read em! i jz finished the 2nd one this morning, and im thirsting for the 3rd one!

babe, i love u too! :p
D.N.A.S said…
Eh, I want to read these too. Sounds really interesting. I'm surely going to love this new genre.
Anonymous said…
K yan! I must read too! I mmg heart citer2 like this.

Also, try Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Hunters series, they have like 22++ books, I read all and have half of them (the other half baca buku pinjam). Now still waiting for the delivery of the latest release hehe. I am too obsessed! Immortal vampire slayer, greek methodology and all that Atlantis etc etc.. geez, aku sgt taksub ok!
Yan said…
dnas: yesssss!!! please! have a READ!!!

faiez: tak sabo lak nak tunggu u abis bace, ade geng obsess sama2! ahaks!! quick! go get em!

22 series?? gila!?? lagikle obsess berpanjangan! urgh!
Nomy Yahya said…
yan... aku dah baca all three except the last one and hhehehhehe... i have to say that i am not really a fan.... mesti ramai akan marah aku hahhahahah.... too draggy la... asyik2 problem and edward to the rescue... maybe cos aku baca 3-3 in a row kot.... hhahhahahha but am still gonna go watch the movie...
Yan said…
Nomy: WATTT???? not a fan? booooo!! :p Bella pun rescue edward lah! heheh..emo..it's okay, im not mad :p aku suke sume maybe new moon kureng sket, cos kureng Edward..hehe..love Twilight & Breaking Dawn most!

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...