Hokey Pokey In My Tummy

Hokey Pokey has got to be my favorite kiddy song ever!

'You put your right leg in
You put your right leg out
You put your right leg in
And you shake it all about
You do the Hokey Pokey
And you turn around
That's what it's all about....'

Last nite, i think the lil'un was doing a hokey pokey in my tummy. Yes yes yes! At the end of my 23rd week, i felt the baby moving for the first time. :)

It felt weird. Good weird!

I normally sleep on my left side. But last nite, before assuming my normal position, i was actually lying on my tummy, just to release a bit. It felt pretty good & comfy. Then i felt a thump on the right side of my tummy. Hang on a min...What's that? It's like a soft gentle kick. Like a big bubble popping in your tummy a lil bit. Then another thump. I told Michael i think it's the baby but i wasn't sure. Maybe it's just gas or something. How am i supposed to know.

I rolled on my back and put Michael's hand on my right tummy to see what he thinks. Then there's another thumping. And it kept thumping every 10-15 seconds. Then Michael went and poked it, then it stopped. We dunno for sure what it was, but we concluded it has got to be the baby. What else could it be right?

I've got a tummy now. It actually popped out sometime around Michael's birthday weekend, during one of the many birthday dinners. I'll put up pics of me soon enough!

Yeah, we had 3 birthday celebrations & 3 birthday cakes for Michael. 1st was dinner & cake at her ma's. Then next day at Little Istanbul turkish restaurant with his friends. That night, we also went to Lina's surprise birthday party at Chatswood and had yummy creamy chocolate cake & played pictionary. 3rd day was a picnic with friends & family with a surprise birthday cake - Sara Lee Chocolate Mud cake..yummmmmmmmm.

So after all that choc-a-block birthday weekend schedule, i had a very quiet one this last weekend. Stayed home the whole time. Quiet, but pretty tiring. I did 2 weeks' worth of laundry and i was in the mood to spring clean. I needed the exercise. I haven't been vacuuming since i got pregnant. Plus, Michael had to mow the lawn & fix our yard making it all pretty. So i had to do something lah. So i vacuumed & mopped. Took me whole day instead of the normal 1-2 hours. I felt so heavy & tired. I spread it out a bit. Vacuum one room, then on the couch for some snacks. Vacuum another room, then on the phone with my sister Wa. It's just so different. It's unbelievable just how tired you get.

At nite, i just wanted to sleep early. Michael on the other hand, was being a geek with his friend, Ces, playing the board game - Axis & Allies. It's like Risk but more intense. I bought it for his birthday. He talked about it a while ago and he was very passionate about it. But I didn't realize how nerdy this game could get. Apparently it could take days for them to finish playing with all those strategising involved. It took them 2 nights to finish 1 game. Serious stuff. I wasn't allowed to be near the board with all those lil soldiers & tanks & all.

I can't wait to lie on my tummy again tonite! Now i can't get that Hokey Pokey song out of my head :p

Comments

Amz said…
waahhh.. mesti excited kan with all the little kicks and punches.
jiji najiy said…
hye...
kak yan a.k.a limah's sis
kte jiha a.k.a exrumet limah tym mtrx dolu

beshnye nk dpt baby x )
skg da berapa bulan..
Anonymous said…
Yan!!! We were just talking about it yesterday. How u are hoping u'll feel some movement in ur tummy before the next visit to the doc. Woohooo!! InsyaAllah, all's good! Anyways, wasn't hokey pokey a theme song of Hilltop or something??!heh..now i cannot get that song outta me head!!huhuhu...
Anonymous said…
Awhhh... rasa geli-geli tak? Sebab u baring on ur tummy kot dia cam, hello... orang sempit niiii... :D

Tiba-tiba imagine cam citer alien tu ada alien bersarang dlm perut! :P

I seriously need to stop watching those horror movies!
Amz said…
faiez... ada2 jer ko ni.. hihihihihi
Yan said…
Norr: yesss!! sgt2 excited..hehe finally :p

jiji: hi Jiha! thanks! baru masuk the 6th month...due end of june

Wa: tu le pasal!! esok bley le eksen ngan Dr Chan..heheh

Faiez: wei, sabo jek minah! tapi memang geli2 sket ah..tp syiok! hehe..pastu kan last nite i saw my tummy gerak2! memang cam alien like gitu...i dok bayang 'renesmee' ahaks!!
GM said…
bestnya...! i miss that wonderful feeling. lookg fwd for the pics!
am still waiting for the tummy pics *tapping foot impatiently*

mike shud joing faiez & i mousehunting, on FB. :D
Anonymous said…
Yan,

Best kan rasa the baby kicking! I'll be 21 weeks this week . dah tahu girl or boy?me, not yet

kak aske'
Anonymous said…
Congrats Yan!
The fist kicks are the best...the kicks in the last month are even better! cause you actually get to watch your tummy do things you never thought it could...hehe
Edi said…
cute!!!! and the kicks are cute!!!!
LindaSalleh said…
Mcm confuse sat kan the first time baby kicks. Well enjoy every moment. Wait when your baby start playing footbal. Boleh terkejut tengok your tummy nanti ada bonjol2yang bergerak from left to right etc. Either the siku or the knee.
Anonymous said…
hey there.
I dunno you and you dunno me. We're strangers. :) But I came across this blog by accident and found your blogs quite enjoyable to read. I hope you dun mind :) I'm a girl, btw.
me said…
Yan, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! am screaming the congrats to you :D

the car .. the house ... and now the baby ... it really came in that order :) Wow!

-jaja-
Yan said…
K.ijah & Ateen: Tgkle perut ku yg tak seberapa tuh..hehehe

K.Aske: NO! we didnt find out...are u gonna?? good luck!

Alie: thanks!!! looking forward to more extreme tummy movements! skang ni juz a few blurp blurp jek..but still pretty awesome!

Edi: ABSOLUTELY!

K.Linda: hehehe..yep, looking forward to those! hope ur doing good there..bile nak update blog tuh? ;)

Robin: Hey there! thanks for stopping by..glad ur enjoying it!

Jaja: *screaming back at ya*!!!! ur sooo right! ;))) tenkiu tenkiu tenkiu...:)
Anonymous said…
yan...axies and allies tuh cam menarik jek bunyiknya...may be a good idea utk shy guy nyer birthday nanti...dia kalo dapat RISK tuh memang langsung tak tido masa zaman dulu2......
Yan said…
K.Kish: die cam lagik hebat and lagik byk toys depada RISK...macam2ah...shy guy mesti sukee!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...