Love Boat Wedding & Tummy Pic
Last weeekend, we attended another wedding. This time, it was Paul & Lisa's beautiful garden wedding. The ceremony was held at the Botanical Gardens - facing the harbour bridge and the Sydney Opera House which was just perfect. Then later on the reception was held on a cruise boat called The Pontoon. Of course, it was all so magnificent!
My only worry was how I'd cope on the cruise. As it is, i sometimes get seasick even when the ride is all so calm. Being pregnant, i was terrified if my morning sickness decided to make a comeback. Luckily, i was all ok and we had a good time. I didn't dance at all this time. Just sitting upstairs outdoor enjoying the view and waiting for the finger foods ;)
So here's some pics at the wedding and of course, myself with my tummy. I am still not that big especially if Im standing up. People still can't believe that im 6 months pregnant. But sitting down, i definitely am a fatty. :p






On a totally different topic altogether, I am now an Australian Permanent Resident. I was on a spouse visa before and after 2 years, Oz immigration required further evidence of our relationship before granting permanent residency. You know, just to see if we're still together and no fraud's involved etc. We submitted our proof of combined purchase of our new house and of a baby coming soon. So i guess they're pretty convinced that our relationship is genuine. I was pleased that it was all painless and granted easily. It didn't cost anything too.
Also, my driving licence expired and i just had it renewed for 5 years. All quick & easy too. All these just reminded me how quickly time has passed and how i've been here for quite a while now.
On another different topic, yesterday Michael & I went to Sutherland Hospital for our booking-in maternity assessment. It took longer than expected so we ended up taking the whole day off. We met with the midwife, who's all so friendly and very thorough. She asked us lots of questions and at one point, asked Michael to leave the room and started asking me questions about his treatment towards me eg - have i ever been physically abused? are you scared of your partner? I guess it's pretty standard here as they wanted to assess the well being of the mother-to-be and ensure there's no domestic violence happening. There's also a questionnaire that i have to answer to assess the likelihood of me getting post natal depression. It was all very thorough. And a lil bit unexpected. Well, i was a bit shocked when she asked is the father of the baby your husband? And, do you take heroin, ecstasy, marijuana? And especially - do you eat chocolates during pregnancy? If so how much a day? Huh??? Seriously?? I can understand the husband & drugs question but chocolates?? I thot she was kidding. I think i passed on all and failed on the chocolate bit. :p
There must not be a pass or fail score but i think it's all about them wanting to know as much as they can about us so they can best take care of us. I don't mind it at all. I like the hospital and the midwives there are pretty great.
After the hospital, we went to check out a childcare centre closest to our home. We freaked out about a month ago when friends and family started asking if we've enrolled our baby for child care. I don't even have a tummy yet and we're supposed to enrol already? Apparently the wait list is neverending and true enough, when we applied online before we visited, we had to be on waiting list, under baby Laidler - enrolment date January 2010.
Can i get a maid please?
So we went to the centre to check the place out. I LOVE IT! The people's nice, the place is very secure and safe and homely and pretty, indoor & outdoor. hehehe. They do childcare from 0-5 years old and the 0-2 y.o kids are separated from the older ones. We were shown the 0-2 area, cos that's where baby Laidler's gonna be and i just so love the place! There's a room with probably 5-6 cots in there, with babies from 0-1 year old sleeping with a background of classical music. It was all so peaceful, we were told that we visited at exactly the right time, their nap time.
Then at the main area, about another 6-7 toddlers from 1-2 were sleeping on a very low mattress. All so peaceful as well. Toys were scattered all around of course, cos they just had play time. In the middle of the room, there's 1 year old baby Ryan, sitting on a high chair, being all bouncy and happy. He just joined the centre and is yet to follow all the other kids' sleeping routine, so he's the only one awake.
Then there's the kitchen. They even showed us all the different kinds of food that the parents packed for their kids which was well organised into morning, afternoon and evening snacks. One of the kid's meal was very gourmet, a tupperware filled with different selection of nibbles provided by her mother.
Overall, we're both very satisfied with the place. We were told we'd get priority cos we're both working full time but there's no guarantee so we might need to enrol in other centres as well.
I can't believe im worrying about whether we'd get a place or not when the baby's not even born yet. But i have to admit, i do get a lil bit excited. Not about sending the baby off to childcare but just thinking about all the different kinds of food that i wanna pack for my unborn child. hehehehe.
My only worry was how I'd cope on the cruise. As it is, i sometimes get seasick even when the ride is all so calm. Being pregnant, i was terrified if my morning sickness decided to make a comeback. Luckily, i was all ok and we had a good time. I didn't dance at all this time. Just sitting upstairs outdoor enjoying the view and waiting for the finger foods ;)
So here's some pics at the wedding and of course, myself with my tummy. I am still not that big especially if Im standing up. People still can't believe that im 6 months pregnant. But sitting down, i definitely am a fatty. :p
On a totally different topic altogether, I am now an Australian Permanent Resident. I was on a spouse visa before and after 2 years, Oz immigration required further evidence of our relationship before granting permanent residency. You know, just to see if we're still together and no fraud's involved etc. We submitted our proof of combined purchase of our new house and of a baby coming soon. So i guess they're pretty convinced that our relationship is genuine. I was pleased that it was all painless and granted easily. It didn't cost anything too.
Also, my driving licence expired and i just had it renewed for 5 years. All quick & easy too. All these just reminded me how quickly time has passed and how i've been here for quite a while now.
On another different topic, yesterday Michael & I went to Sutherland Hospital for our booking-in maternity assessment. It took longer than expected so we ended up taking the whole day off. We met with the midwife, who's all so friendly and very thorough. She asked us lots of questions and at one point, asked Michael to leave the room and started asking me questions about his treatment towards me eg - have i ever been physically abused? are you scared of your partner? I guess it's pretty standard here as they wanted to assess the well being of the mother-to-be and ensure there's no domestic violence happening. There's also a questionnaire that i have to answer to assess the likelihood of me getting post natal depression. It was all very thorough. And a lil bit unexpected. Well, i was a bit shocked when she asked is the father of the baby your husband? And, do you take heroin, ecstasy, marijuana? And especially - do you eat chocolates during pregnancy? If so how much a day? Huh??? Seriously?? I can understand the husband & drugs question but chocolates?? I thot she was kidding. I think i passed on all and failed on the chocolate bit. :p
There must not be a pass or fail score but i think it's all about them wanting to know as much as they can about us so they can best take care of us. I don't mind it at all. I like the hospital and the midwives there are pretty great.
After the hospital, we went to check out a childcare centre closest to our home. We freaked out about a month ago when friends and family started asking if we've enrolled our baby for child care. I don't even have a tummy yet and we're supposed to enrol already? Apparently the wait list is neverending and true enough, when we applied online before we visited, we had to be on waiting list, under baby Laidler - enrolment date January 2010.
Can i get a maid please?
So we went to the centre to check the place out. I LOVE IT! The people's nice, the place is very secure and safe and homely and pretty, indoor & outdoor. hehehe. They do childcare from 0-5 years old and the 0-2 y.o kids are separated from the older ones. We were shown the 0-2 area, cos that's where baby Laidler's gonna be and i just so love the place! There's a room with probably 5-6 cots in there, with babies from 0-1 year old sleeping with a background of classical music. It was all so peaceful, we were told that we visited at exactly the right time, their nap time.
Then at the main area, about another 6-7 toddlers from 1-2 were sleeping on a very low mattress. All so peaceful as well. Toys were scattered all around of course, cos they just had play time. In the middle of the room, there's 1 year old baby Ryan, sitting on a high chair, being all bouncy and happy. He just joined the centre and is yet to follow all the other kids' sleeping routine, so he's the only one awake.
Then there's the kitchen. They even showed us all the different kinds of food that the parents packed for their kids which was well organised into morning, afternoon and evening snacks. One of the kid's meal was very gourmet, a tupperware filled with different selection of nibbles provided by her mother.
Overall, we're both very satisfied with the place. We were told we'd get priority cos we're both working full time but there's no guarantee so we might need to enrol in other centres as well.
I can't believe im worrying about whether we'd get a place or not when the baby's not even born yet. But i have to admit, i do get a lil bit excited. Not about sending the baby off to childcare but just thinking about all the different kinds of food that i wanna pack for my unborn child. hehehehe.
Comments
owhhhhhhh.. i laf laf lafffffffffff shopping for baby foods. the list is never ending. none go to waste in this household tho. mana2 yg bedah tak habis makan, aku & youngest sister sapu. *sengeh* sedap wey! specially vanilla custard!
did you get a profesional photographer to take the photos of you and your hubby at the wedding? Those pics sooooooooo good lah....
Let me guess. A baby girl on the way hehehe:-). Well, if you decide to give your child breast milk, you need to start shopping around for the right breast pump, and get some info on how to keep stock of the breast milk and the right way to store it. Take care!
KAK ASKE'
Didie: bley, tapi takleh bebanyak! cos caffeine..chet..
ateen: betul ke bedah tak abis makan or tak sempat makan makcik dah sapu???? ahaks!
K.Kish: hehehe...thanks!!! muke dah melebar, tu le pasal..ok le..hehe
K.Di: yep! all good now!! thankss!!
K.Aske': im thinking girl too..hehehe
K.Ijah: tu le pasal, cam tak sabo2 nak antar nursery..:p
and aku x sabo nak tengok professional photos tu.. upload immediately when u get them okay! take care!