Our Eid Adha Meal

Eid Adha was celebrated last Sunday here in Bali. It was pretty quiet as not a lot of people celebrate it. It's pretty much like any other Sunday. However, they do have a gathering in the park for prayers and then later the slaughtering of Qurban.

I didn't plan to cook anything for Eid because we're supposed to go to my friend's house for a whole roasted goat meal. But Ayisha's been rather sick so we ended up staying at home. When I woke up that morning realizing that we're not going to have any special Eid food, I just had to do something. With limited stuff in the pantry, I made instant pulut kuning (yellow sticky rice) using rice cooker and chicken rendang - very easy ones from here & here, with a few missing ingredients. We also had some serunding (meat floss) that we brought with us from Malaysia, so that was pretty much our meal on Eid morning. Oh, I also made some custard sauce to go with the jellies I made for Ayisha the day before and chilled a can of fruit cocktail as our Eid dessert.


Squeaky's Eid plate

Glad I made something that morning because Michael's friends from work came over and I got to serve them my pulut kuning for lunch. They actually came to bring us a leg of fresh goat. :) Very intimidating looking set of leg tho, with the foot still attached. I didn't really have a real look especially after hearing Michael carrying on about how he didn't expect to see the skin & bits & toenails and all. But he did take a picture.

nice & sexy

Michael decided to take over the cooking of the goat (thank God!) and made roasted leg of goat from this recipe & roasted vegetables. (forgot to take a picture before it was carved!)

It turned out pretty good. It's got a very wonderful flavour but it wasn't tender enough which was a shame. But still, it's ok lah. I made Nigella's Yorkshire pudding to go with it, after seeing her making it on Nigella Bites the day before. It was LOVELY!




For dessert, I made strawberry crumble from the many strawberries that's turning bad because Ayisha suddenly decided she's not into strawberries anymore. I splashed some balsamic vinegar onto the fresh strawberries ala Jamie Oliver and made the crumble like normal - butter, sugar, flour crumbled together and topped with cinnamon.


what's left of it, sodap tau!!

So that's our Eid Adha meal!

Comments

cicayanki said…
what's left of the strawberry crumble looked so delicious kak yan!
sedapnye nampak!!! terliur ahhh!
Yan said…
cicayanki: delicioooosoooooooo!!!

wa: kaki kambing too?? ahaks!
kaki kambing tuh buat2 tak nampak ye.. haha!

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Week

Introducing Our Lil'Un - 1 Week Old

Presenting...