I went for my last check-up yesterday. Everything's good. The baby has definitely turned and is facing the right direction. The heartbeat & movements are strong and there's not enough room for him to move all the way back up again. Just to stretch, kick and punch like crazy. I also got my Group B Strep (GBS) results and just like my 1st pregnancy, it came back positive. I'm not sure if they do this test anywhere else but what it means is that I'd have to be on antibiotics during labour. It's actually a type of bacteria that about a quarter of women carry in the vagina and there's no symptoms. It doesn't affect me at all but can be quite harmful for the baby apparently. So the antibiotics are necessary to help prevent it being transferred to the baby. I do have another check-up scheduled for the next 2 weeks, just in case the baby decided to hang around & chill in my belly for a bit longer but the midwife said because Ayisha came quite o...
A week ago, on Monday the 29th June 2009 at 12.03pm our lil'un arrived out of my watermelon tummy weighing 2.95kg, measuring 51cm. YES! It's a girl!! Meet our lil precious one, Ayisha Claire Laidler: I think she has a lot of ME in her ;))) And MAYBE Michael's ears lah. :p She arrived on 40 weeks +1 day, according to the scan & my calendar count, due date was 28th June. But i just realized that Dr Chan's due date on my medical card has always been the 29th June. So yeah, he can have the bragging rights. :p I can't believe it's been a week. I really do wanna take the time and write everything that i can remember right from the start because i had such a wonderful experience having her, i don't ever wanna forget it. But that would have to be spread out over many many posts. I dunno how long i have till Ayisha's up again for a feed and today is the first day i felt i have some me time without feeling too tired and aching everywhere. My parents ...
The next Squeaky!!!! A lot of you guys are absolutely correct! We are going to be a family of 4 by May next year, Insya'Allah. :) We've had 'the code' on our fridge for the last few months but people who came to visit and saw it couldn't guess the right answer. So, bravo bravo bravo!!!! :))) And thank you for the wishes too, we're very very excited! I am 3 months pregnant now and just had my 1st scan few days ago in KL. Looks pretty much similar to Squeaky's 1st scan but I think the nose is not as flat.heheehehh The whole experience is very different than when I had Ayisha, except for the morning sickness. Urgh..I forgot how horrible morning sicknesses can be. By the way, it should be called all day sickness too. I was weak, nauseous & blergh the whole day most of the time and really not up to doing anything. Then the 2nd trimester came and I don't know if it's a mental thing or what but the nausea has somewhat subsided and I think I'...
Comments
thank ayisha for being the model... love u!!! so chomell!!! :D