Back In Sydney
We're back in Sydney!
We've been back about a week now but I've been so tired and blergh. Ayisha's been sick with chest infection, I was a bit sick too and Michael's gone straight back to work. It's also that little bit harder being big & round, going to the toilet all the time & aching everywhere plus the whole moving & packing & unpacking & aaaaaaaaaaaah! I feel like vomiting just writing about it.
Ayisha's been a bit miserable too. I'm not sure if it's her antibiotics, the weather or just growing up, she's a totally different person when we first got here.
She was cranky & extra demanding - this I think maybe because she was not getting enough sleep & just sick of being sick. Then when she's with her cousins she's just so extra feisty! She's pulling Abbey's hair - something I've never seen her do when playing with her other cousins or friends and pushing Jack, made him cry and later admitted to me 'Yea, I push. But just a little bit'. Urgh!!! I was more embarrassed more than anything because I didn't really know how to deal with it. I was used to her being the non-agressive and laid back one.
Luckily, this last 1-2 days, she's beginning to be more herself again. No more coughing, sleeping soundly again and just that little bit happier. She's still a bit feisty when playing but I guess I was a little bit relieved to know that she does & can actually stand up for herself. I certainly don't want her to be a bully but I don't want her to be easily bullied too. So a little bit of 'It's my turn ok, your turn later' when sharing her toys should be ok I guess.
I guess like us, she's just still adjusting with it all. Leaving Bali was quite sad & depressing to all of us. I think mainly because we're just not ready to leave yet. Also, after spending about a month just being on 'holiday mode' having Michael with us all the time and going places, it's a little bit hard getting back into the 'real world'. Not to mention how sad Ayisha was saying goodbye to her best friend, Freyjah :( (more about this heartbreaking moment on another posting!)
| Last playdate with friends in Bali |
| Last sleepover with Freyjah :( |
We're staying at my in-laws place at the moment, at least till the baby comes as we're still hoping to rent out our house here. At the moment, we're just uncertain about where we're going to settle next - maybe here, maybe Malaysia, maybe somewhere else. It'll all depend on Michael's work and our situation after the baby comes.
Having said all that, it's always good to be back with family. It really is. Seeing Ayisha with Grandma & Poppy, as well as her cousins (pulling & pushing aside!), it's one of the biggest thing that we felt she's missing while we're living in Bali.
| 'trying' to share with baby Jack |
Of course we're missing our Bali life and me extremely missing Pak Made doing my laundry and all but being back here and especially living with my inlaws again, reminded me of how we started off as a family some 6 years ago. They've helped us so much back then and they're helping us so much more now, what with Ayisha and the new baby coming.
Easter holiday starts tomorrow so we'll have a long weekend to rejuvenate after a hectic week. Hopefully after that Ayisha & I would finally settle into a routine that we both enjoy and are comfortable with and be less & less blergh.
At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't really matter where you are in the world as long as you've got each other. Even better when you're surrounded by close family to help you through it. So yes, I am very thankful for it all and am taking it one day at a time. Plus, how could I be blergh for too long when we have something so very exciting to look forward to?
![]() |
| soooon!!! |

Comments
Sonia also like that.. lagi teruk i think.. suka menjawab and tak dengar kata.. kadang tu memang i geram betul but selalu keep in mind that her behaviors akan bertukar.. growing up phase.. terrible two? err shes 4 and .. haishh tak tahu nak cakap aper
we will be heading to bali on the 21st.. if only u masih tinggal sana.. boleh kita minum coffee together gether :o(
part menjawab tu sampai sekarang ada lagi for my eldest... (dah 11 yo dah...) memang buat hot je...
K.Yani: yep...jz don't forget to let me know when you do!
Along: thanks for feeling it too!! it was teramat tiring & stressful but glad it's all over n we're all much better now, tq tq!!